Thu, Sep 07, 2017
The Reese’s Pieces on the Road will feature weekly buzz from the road on senior prospects around the nation.
• Atlanta’s team? NFL teams are more excited to go to Georgia State this year with one of the Sun Belt’s best cornerbacks emerging.
SCOUT: “The corner (#10 Chandon Sullivan) wasn’t even on any lists before the season but he’s long and athletic. Going to test well this spring.”
• Iowa middle linebacker Josey Jewell was everywhere vs. Wyoming on his way to earning National Defensive Player of the Week honors.
SCOUT: “The linebacker at Iowa – number 43 – he’s more athletic than you think. Great instincts. He just makes plays, sacked the Wyoming QB twice, too.”
• Oregon running back Royce Freeman found the end zone four times in the season opener. Teams are anxious to see if he’s back to his old form.
SCOUT: “The Freeman kid at Oregon went off. Want to see if he can keep it up against the better opponents and show he has his explosiveness back.”
• Michigan’s reloading on the defensive line.
SCOUT: “That tackle at Michigan, Mo Hurst (#73), is the real deal. Undersized, but lightning quick. Great lateral agility. This guy is going to blow up by the end of the season. Would love to see him in Mobile.”
· • Oklahoma State is more than just quarterback Mason Rudolph and receiver James Washington.
SCOUT: “Those guys have a plethora of weapons for Rudolph. Washington gets all the hype, but number 3 (Marcell Ateman), number 15 (Chris Lacy) and those underclassmen are real problems for defenses.”
Oklahoma State will be in Mobile on Friday night taking on South Alabama.